Solicitors in Leeds Solicitors in Leeds Solicitors in Leeds
Immigration Law

Working in the UK

If you want to visit the UK for a short time as a businessperson, sportsperson or entertainer, you may be able to come here as a visitor.

If you are a national of a country in EEA or Switzerland please see the European nationals section.

High-value migrants: investors, entrepreneurs and exceptionally talented people can apply to enter or stay in the UK without needing a job offer – but you will need to pass a points-based assessment.

Skilled workers: if you have been offered a skilled job in the UK and your prospective employer is willing to sponsor you, you can apply to come or remain here to do that job.

Temporary workers: if an employer in the UK is willing to sponsor you, or if you are a national of a country that participates in the youth mobility scheme, you may be eligible to come and work in the UK for a short period.

Other categories: you can also apply to work in the UK as a domestic worker; as the sole representative of an overseas newspaper, news agency or broadcasting organisation.

Workers and businessperson from Turkey: Turkish citizens can benefit from a European agreement with Turkey if they wish to establish themselves in the UK, or if they are already working here legally.

For Commonwealth citizens with UK ancestry: if you are a commonwealth citizen and at least one of your grandparents was born in the UK, you can apply to come here to work.
Contact Us
No Yes

Our Offices:

Leeds: Phoenix House, 3 South Parade, Leeds, LS1 5QX

Harrogate: 41 East Parade, Harrogate, HG1 5LQ

York: 1 Peckitt Street, Clifford's Tower, York, YO1 9SF

Leeds: 0113 2431714

Harrogate: 01423 704070

York: 01904 642727


Blog Twitter
background decoration