Solicitors in Leeds Solicitors in Leeds Solicitors in Leeds
About Us


What is a Civil Partnership?

A Civil Partership gives gay and lesbian couples the same legal rights as their married, heterosexual counterparts.

The procedure for dissolution of a civil partnership

One of the parties must file a petition with the court, requesting civil partnership dissolution. To obtain dissolution, you must have been in a civil partnership for more than one year. The Petitioner is the person responsible for proving the relationship has irretrievably broken down.

The Petitioner is required to complete a petition which contains details of the address, date, and whether or not children are involved.

A civil partnership dissolution follows the same course as a divorce. Please see our Divorce section for further information.

Should you require further advice in regards to the above, please fill in the form on the right hand side of this page and we will contact you as soon as possible. Alternatively contact us on 01904 642727 for your FREE 30 minute consultation at our York, Leeds or Harrogate offices.

Contact Us
No Yes

Our Offices:

Leeds: Phoenix House, 3 South Parade, Leeds, LS1 5QX

Harrogate: 41 East Parade, Harrogate, HG1 5LQ

York: 1 Peckitt Street, Clifford's Tower, York, YO1 9SF

Leeds: 0113 2431714

Harrogate: 01423 704070

York: 01904 642727


Blog Twitter
background decoration